First reported by dukemon22 at Toku Insider, Toei has copyrighted the name of the next Super Sentai series, translated as “Genki Sentai Baruganger“. Here’s a copy of the copyright claim:
第１２類 船舶並びにその部品及び附属品，航空機並びにその部品及び附属品，鉄道車両並びにその部品及び 附属品，自動車並びにその部品及び附属品，二輪自動車・自転車並びにそれらの部品及び附属品，
(190) Country – Japan Patent Issued (JP) (441) – 22
August 2011 – Publication date (2011.8.22)
Patent and Trademark Gazette published [type]
(210) – Commercial Application No. Application No. 2011-53349 – (T2011-53349)
(220) – 21 July 2011 – the date of filing (2011.7.21)
(540) – Genki Sentai Baruganger Trademarks [Standard Characters]
(511) – the designated goods or designated services and categories of goods and services – Unique parts and accessories thereof 12 Ships, aircraft and their parts and accessories, parts and accessories thereof trains, automobiles and their parts and accessories, bicycle parts and accessories, motorcycles, Carriages, rickshaws, sleds, wheelbarrows, carts, carriages, carts, small gum paste for repairing tires or tubes
(731) [the applicant] – Identification number – 592068428 Toei Co., Ltd. – – the name or designation
(740) [agent] – Identification number – 100096596
[Attorney] the name or designation
No info yet on what it could be about, but speculation is abound.
General reaction to this news has basically been: “Is it seriously already time for this already?!” I think Toei may have accidently blocked themselves in this time. Because of Go-Kaiger‘s overwhelming popularity, no one wants to even think about the show being over yet. Even though we’re almost 30 episodes in, it still feels new and fresh. It’s almost impossible to believe that the show’s been going since February, and that it’s almost the end of August. But this definitely isn’t a rumor at this point, it’s about the right time of year for this to happen (we heard the first rumors about Go-Kaiger about this time last year), and we have a copy of the copyright application (which you would have seen by now if you’ve read this far), so this is what’s up next.
This will probably be the first time in a very long time that people HAVEN’T been excited to hear about the next series in the line.
-M.C., the Quantum Twin
UPDATE: (8/25/11) Apparently dukemon22, who first reported on the copyright for Baruganger, hasn’t found the copyright for the name listed with the new batch of copyrights that popped up. No one’s sure what that means yet, but I’ll be sure to keep you informed of any new developments. Don’t ask me about the copyright claim above, it came from a Chinese toku-fan site, it looked convincing enough, but if it’s fake, then someone’s gone to a lot of trouble to fake it.