We have some news about the Power Rangers Samurai and RPM crossover special entitled “Clash of the Red Rangers”, but I’m not sure how much you’ll like it. According to FuryDiamond of Rangerboard, his sources have suggested that the no one from RPM has actually appeared for the filming of the special(!). Here’s what he had to say:
None of my sources have confirmed whether any of the RPM cast members are in the “teamup”. All of the ones that were contacted were busy working on other projects.
* One of my sources did mention that they got voice actors to take the place of the cast members.
* Few sources confirmed that they didn’t see any of the RPM cast members on set. This could mean that the RPM scenes were filmed separately or that the teamup is suit only.
Here are the possible scenarios:
1. SUIT ONLY: None of the cast members return. Voice Actors will take their place.
2. SUIT ONLY: Some of the cast members return to do their own voices while voice actors will take the place of the missing ones.
3. HALF SUIT: Some of the cast members return for the unmorphed scenes. Voice actors will take the place of the missing ones in suits.
Well, if this is really the case, then we might not get to see a real team-up special at all. I hope that they can at least get part of the original cast, so that it’s somewhat authentic. While we’d love to see everyone, I would be happy to at least see the main five. Knowing Saban’s luck so far, we’ll be lucky if the replacement voice actors match up.
-M.C., the Quantum Twin